Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation...a little fun...a little guilt...a little worrying

I'm psyched to be on vacation, but with vacation comes all the relaxing times with friends and family - all the times that people around me are having wine with dinner and beer at summer bbq's. So, my guilt comes from indulging in a few beers. I've been really good at cutting down on caffeine and cutting out alcohol. But then vacation comes and know I'm totally worried that I have ruined everything with the few beers I've had in the last few days. Arrrggghhh! I know I shouldn't panic, but it seems with like if this cycle doesn't work then I'm going to blame it on the beer I had last night - I know paranoid, but I can't help it.

My other worry is that because we've had some crazy afternoons and late nights I haven't taken my dhea the same time I have been. I don't know exactly how this medication works, if it's like antibiotics that need to build up in your system or something. I'm still taking the right dosage, just sometimes closer together.

I think I just need to stop worrying and enjoy the rest of my vacation. I also need to get going now, dh is waiting for me - gotta get on with our day! Good to get this off my chest, maybe I'll have a beer to celebrate, just kidding :-)

6 comments:

poppy.f.seed said...

My RE told me to feel free to have a couple of drinks a week, just to not overindulge.

have fun!

Evergreen said...

I hate the 2nd guessing, and the guilt over normal activities. I understand completely. We drive ourselves crazy. Yes, not having caffeine and alcohol is important, but probably even more so is not stressing out too much. And you aren't stimming yet, which means you have more lee-way. Enjoy a little a bit!

celestial said...

Aww, don't worry, I'm sure a few beers won't wreak too much (if any) havoc! Enjoy your vaction and have fun!

JenM said...

New to your blog - hi!

I'm sure you don't need to feel guilty at this step about a beer or two. You'll be fine. (I say this as an IVFer who has coffee breath this morning - that's my vice)

Rebecca said...

You'll be fine...they wouldn't leave the task of taking the meds up to us if it were that precise. It's hard not to think about it, but everything in moderation, right? Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel, but a few beers isn't going to make a difference. And it can help you relax which CAN make a difference, so there. Enjoy!