Wednesday, August 13, 2008

House Painting

As I write this the painters are power washing our house.  We have talked about painting the house for a few years now (almost as long as we've been ttc!) and I can't believe it's finally happening.  I think DH and I talk about things way more than actually doing those things.  We talked about a trip abroad for years before seeing Italy.  We talk about excersizing more (I don't think we're alone it that one though)  We talked about remodeling the master bathroom - this we at least started and now our 'talk' is about finishing it.  And, we're still talking about new landscaping. It's like we have these grand plans but they just seem to stay in the planning stage, we are big procrastinators - there I said it.  

Now that I said it of course I have to think that our procrastination in starting a family is part of the reason why we are in this ivf party.  This way of thinking, it's a dangerous road to go down and I am stopping myself right here.  Sometimes I wish I had the attention span of a cat and by looking out the window at the painters I could forget what I was just thinking, but no I have to force myself to redirect my thoughts. Oh!  They just power washed a ladder leaning up against a post and it went flying - yikes, hope it didn't break anything!  OK maybe I do have some cat in me :-)

Garden update: tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes.  I'm getting a little sick of them, but that will inspire me to find some new recipes.   We picked our first pumpkin - not sure what to do with it though, early jack-o-lantern?  If I get some good pics I'll add them later.  

2 comments:

poppy.f.seed said...

very exciting!
Ah, procrastination. I was wishing that either DH or I were motivators, we're not. Oh well.
You could make fresh salsa- I've been doing that with my tomatoes. Or make some spaghetti sauce for winte(you can freeze it). I also make gazpacho once a week. Yum.

Anonymous said...

mmm...pumpkin pie! You're doing all you can to stay de-stressed. I think it's just easier to figure that you will be stressed, and everything is out of your control so you just get by the best way you know how, and thats the best anyone can hope for. It sounds like you are off to a good start!