Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tuesday 9am

I just got back from the last bw / us before egg retrieval.   Things look good physically, and mentally, well, surprisingly, do I dare say, I feel somewhat calm?  I'm a little nervous, but not much more.  My second IVF & FET I was in a much more emotional state.  Who knows, come tomorrow (post lupron shot) I may feel quite a bit different.  

I'm worried about eqq quality.  I'm fortunate that my ovaries respond well to the medication, but I guess with my age, it is the quality of those eggs that suffers.  There is not much I can do but wait and see, which of course is the hardest part.  

Trigger tonight.  Tuesday 9am is right around the corner.  Quality over quantity.  Wait and see.  

8 comments:

poppy.f.seed said...

somehow I missed the post about you starting IVF 3.
Anyway, I hope it goes well! I had 1/2 as many mature eggs with IVF 2, but it worked, so quality over quantity seems like a great way to go.
Good luck!

Gabby said...

just found your blog on cyclesista. i'm a few days behind you - my retrieval is scheduled for the 11th. i'll be hoping to hear good news from you!

JJ said...

Sending you lots of luck! Came over from cyclesista. Ill be back to check in!

Evergreen said...

Wishing you the best of everything for Tuesday...quality eggs, smooth and easy retrieval, a good amount of eggs, peace of mind and peace of heart, and a loving partner to dote on you before and afterward!

Joy said...

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you've had your trigger by now, fingers crossed that all goes well! Looking forward to your retrieval results - quality, that's our motto!

Peaches said...

Sending you tons of quality eggo vibes! Wishing you a smooth retrieval and great fertilization!

Gabby said...

checking in to see how this morning egg retrieval went..

hope you are doing okay..