Monday, May 18, 2009

POAS

This would have been the first cycle that I tested before beta.  I don't know what made me want to tempt fate but, things were not in the cards for me anyway.  I was unable to purchase any hpt's today - like there were none in the store!    I planned on purchasing the cheap-o ones from the dollar store but after scanning the aisles for way too long I realized that there were none to be had.  I gave up.   Then my brain was telling me "Well, maybe this store doesn't carry them.  Maybe the other dollar store down the street does - I've seen them there before."  

So, I drive to the other store and make a beeline to the aisle with all the fem products and... nothing.  No tests!  I almost went to ask someone why they got rid of their pregnancy tests.   Weirdest thing.   I was done after that and I'm not normally into signs, and yes I could have run to one of the big drug stores, but I felt like this one yelled loud and clear - no testing before Thursday!

It's going to be hard to wait now that I've put the idea in my head of testing but sans any additional signs I think I can do it!

8 comments:

Gabby said...

wow! how funny - i guess that is a sign - just wait for the beta - that is very interesting - two stores!

i can only imagine how tough this must be!

can't wait to hear the good news!

poppy.f.seed said...

I was away for your transfer. Good luck with the rest of the wait, whether you test or not. Sticky vibes!

Flower said...

That is so strange...LOL....I guess it is better to wait...(you don't have a choice) LOL

Joy said...

That is so funny, I had the same thing happen to me IVF #2. The two places I went didn't have any. Thursday will be here before you know it.

Megan said...

Wow. So weird that they had no tests. I guess it is a sign to wait. Good luck!

Evergreen said...

That's weird! Guess it really is a sign. Fingers crossed for a great beta Thursday!

Peaches said...

The same thing happened to me during my last cycle---except when I got the checkout counter to ask "where" they were, walaaa, they were AT the counter!! (The salesgirl said that they were getting stolen too often so had to be moved!)
Wishing you a nice high beta tomorrow!!

Winnifred said...

it's thursday now -- and i'm hoping all is well :)