Thursday, July 17, 2008

Also covered in cat hair

I came across this blog and loved her post on my favorite question: "So, when are you having kids?" I tend to be very vague and say something like "whenever" and promptly change the subject. I've told only my closest friends about our ivf woes and some of them I don't keep them updated (they have kids and it's a little hard hanging out with them - this is a whole separate issue)

I also noticed that she has an awesome picture of a furry friend, Sammy, in a bathroom sink. Here is our Sammy also in a makeshift throne - what is it with orange cats and sinks?



During my TWW, my DH was out of town - yes that sucked big time and I will NEVER do that again! Well, Sammy was my life saver. His purring and kneading his claws (ouch) into my lap while trying to get comfortable each night was a much needed show of unconditional love.

3 comments:

celestial said...

Oh my goodness, at first I was like...that's my cat! LOL Maybe our kitties are distantly related? I am pretty open about our fertility troubles with my family and our close friends, they are a great group of people. DH's family is very traditional and they aren't really as open minded about things so DH doesn't want to say anything to them, with the exception of his mom (she's awesome). I figured if work people knew maybe they would be a little more sensitive about baby showers and sharing their labor and birth stories....I'm naive I guess. I regret yesterday's openness somewhat.

Anonymous said...

I was reading your previous post on "what makes your cup spill over". I start stims on Tues. and I am really nervous about the emotions that come along with the whole month or so. I too could cry if I walk into the empty room in our house that is waiting for a crib, or the million moms with kids I see EVERYWHERE at the store, etc. It's almost too much to bear sometimes. Hang in there though! Here's to better days ahead...

poppy.f.seed said...

my orange cat used to turn the faucet on!

as for the WAYGTHK? (I think that covered it) if it is someone I don't know, I say, "we hope to soon" or something. A lot of people know we're dealing with IF, sometimes that sucks, but I want it to be out there, this happens to people everyone knows.